wallah n : usually in combination: person in charge of or employed at a particular thing; "a kitchen wallah"; "the book wallah"
The term Wala can refer to:
- Wala (Chinese author), (official author site) http://wala.us
- Wala (goddess), a sun goddess in Australian Aboriginal mythology
- Wala (volcano), a volcano in Papua New Guinea
- Wala, the Old High German word for a völva, a witch
- Wala of Corbie
- Wala Ward, Kwimba District, Tanzania
- Wala language (Solomon Islands)
- Wala people
- Walo (rodent), a variety of gerbil from Somalia.
- in India, the suffix -wala (or -wallah), indicating a person involved in some kind of activity; see, for example, the articles on Dabbawala and Auto-wallah.
- Weighted Average Loan Age, a term relating to mortgage-backed securities
- Waalo, an empire of Senegal and Mauritania between the 13th and 19th centuries
- In the Pangasinan language, wala means "there is".
- In the Tagalog language, wala means "nothing".
- Wallah - By Allah
- Wala (Island), A small island in Vanuatu, and a popular destination for cruise ships.
- WALA-TV, a FOX station in Mobile, Alabama
- WALA, Acronym for Weighted Average Loan Age, used in finance